Movie Review: Avengers – Infinity War
• 5 out 5 Pyriel Heads [$19.99 bonus content] LINK •
A franchise spanning 19 feature films adds depth in this installment connected in a moment of cinematic history. Marvel has composed a symphony of intertwining narratives to help build a relationship between each character and its audiences. Breaking the rules to allow an audience to know what is going on, Marvel takes the long road of storytelling and establishes a strong emotional continuity. Avengers – Infinity War is a reward to those who have followed their ten years of straightforward narratives designed to entertain the child in adults and the children discovering these characters for the first time.
The Russo brothers take control of this massive crescendo of a plot. Fluid and never stale, this film stays on tempo. Rarely do we lose time with multiple perspectives. With each focal point entertainingly carrying true conflict to stop the inevitable snap heard around the world. Pieces all flow organically into character participation adding value to their purpose. Primarily this film focuses on The Mad Titan, Thanos, and his motivations to balance humanity. The Russo’s direction gives weight to Thanos’ overall ambitions; making our villain less an antagonist and more of a sympathetic character of great depth and a justified conviction.
As comic book films go this is a 2 hour and 40-minute milestone worth watching. There’s no doubt the experience would be elevated if other films in Marvel’s massive collection were seen. However, this anticipated epic has the makings to ensure an excitingly profound undertaking. Even with a packed out roaster with over twenty-five established franchised characters running around, there will be a thirst for more. This movie pops up a notch through a strong mix of humor, action, and deeply touching moments. Additionally, the shock factor whips the mind around into unknown territory to disrupt everything an audience thought they knew was coming.
review by thomas j. bellezza [website]
• Genres: Action, Adventure
• Director: Anthony Russo, Joe Russo
• Cast: Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Don Cheadle, Benedict Cumberbatch, Tom Holland, Chadwick Boseman, Zoe Saldana, Karen Gillan, Tom Hiddleston, Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olsen, Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Idris Elba, Danai Gurira, Peter Dinklage, Benedict Wong, Pom Klementieff, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Gwyneth Paltrow, Benicio Del Toro, Josh Brolin, Chris Pratt, Sean Gunn, William Hurt, Letitia Wright, Terry Notary, Terry Notary, Tom Vaughan-Lawlor, Carrie Coon, Michael Shaw, Stan Lee, Winston Duke, Florence Kasumba, Kerry Condon, Monique Ganderton, Jacob Batalon, Tiffany Espensen, Isabella Amara, Ethan Dizon, Ariana Greenblatt, Ameenah Kaplan, Ross Marquand, Michael Anthony Rogers, Stephen McFeely, Aaron Lazar, Robert Pralgo, Olaniyan Thurmon, Blair Jasin, Matthew Zuk, Laura Miller
• Studio: Marvel
• MPAA rating: PG-13 (Parents Strongly Cautioned)
• Producer: Kevin Feige
• Fun time: 160 minutes